- Over 30 drillers with appropriate NVQ Level 2 Qualifications and holding Blue CSCS Skilled Worker cards.
- All Lead Drillers are experienced in a wide range of exploration techniques in the site investigation industry.
- Over 40 rotary and percussion rigs including various lorry, trailer, tractor and track mounted units incorporating a selection of chuck and top drive drilling equipment.
- Several unique soil and/or rock drilling rigs fabricated in-house and capable of working in confined spaces or at remote sites (very soft ground, restricted access, low head room, helicopter lifts, etc.).
- Tracked and wheeled mechanical excavators
- Continuous dynamic probe, window sampling, hand boring and Mackintosh probe equipment.
- Cable percussive boring at diameters up to 400mm to depths in the order of 60mm
- Sampling and in situ testing rock and soil in accordance with BS5930 and BS1377 (e.g. packer tests, piston samples, field vane tests, variable head permeability tests, penetration tests).
- Borehole installations including piezometers, gas and water monitoring standpipes, inclinometers and extensometers.
- A wide range of drilling techniques including:
- reverse circulation,
- conventional and wireline coring
- double or triple tube coring at diameters from 30mm to 125mm
- auger drilling (flight and hollow stem)
- down-the-hole hammer
- Sonic Drilling
- Depending on the type of drill and technique, the following flushing options are available:
- air/water mist
- Investigation of mineral workings including inclined (angled) boreholes with direction measured by electronic means to explore and define steeply dipping strata.